WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Teen Years and more

Okay, I promised to tell you about how I met the love of my life at 14. This isn't going to be easy and will just hit the highlights, at least for now.

I somehow loosened up a little and made a few friends. At 10 yrs. old I accepted Christ as my Savior in my bedroom on a Saturday night. Just me and Him. By the time I was 13 I had put him on a shelf and didn't think much about him unless I needed something. Then I would pray and go to church with my grandmother and cousins for a while.

When I was in jr. high, I became friends with a very nice girl. She was also very pretty. We would talk in the lunch line and she seemed to like me. The only problem was, she had very bad breath. Not just once in a while but everyday. I couldn't stand it so I began to turn away a little when she talked to me, and after a few days she stopped getting in line by me. She probably thought I was a jerk or stuck-up or whatever. I'm not sure. But the point is that when we got into high school she started running with a bunch of very wild kids. Strange as it sounds, I think God used her bad b reath to get me away from her, because if we remained good friends I could have been caught up in the wrong crowd of people.

Anyway, now I'm in high school and one evening this guy who had a crush on me came over and brought a new guy who had just moved in a couple of houses away from me. I thought he was nice. This was a couple weeks before Christmas break and another friend of mine, her name was Marilyn asked me about him because she knew he lived near me. She thought he was real cute and asked me if I would put in a good word for her during vacation. I said yes. But much to her surprise and the buz of our class was, that the day we returned to school I was wearing his ring around my neck. Ya, if you know me you know his name was John Kelly. And the first time he kissed me was in his parents living room (they weren't home) on Christmas Eve.

Now this is the hard part and it won't be long. We dated for one and a half yrs. and during this time his mom took a severe dislike to me. I think we finally decided it was a mis-understanding (but this was years later). He was forbidden to see me at all. But obviously we managed to get together and go for walks in the evening at least once or twice a week. I must add this was due to a couple of our friends helping him get out of the house for some different reason or another. He was taken out of school and had to live with his grandmother because we had time to see each other at school also. We both cried when they moved him, but I saw him more than ever because he would hitchike out to see me a couple times a week. My mom usually drove him back to his grandparents house in the city. She sould say I can't drive him back again because I have to work in the am or it's too far, but she always gave in on her own and took him because she wanted him to be safe.

This is the end for tonight so listen up. We were able to get out with some friends on a Saturday night and expected to be home by 11pm at the latest. Due to our friends car breaking down and it getting so late, we were afraid to go home. No cell phones then. Skipping some info. for now because it would take too much time and this is very hard for me. What came next hurt my parents and his to their core. Don't anybody do this, please. The next time we saw our families face to face was 7 and 1/2 years later. This was another of God's nudgings. They had absoultly no news about us during that time. But for the grace fo God, we could have been turned away but instead were welcomed with open arms. Yes, Todd, Bob, Mary, and Virginia, you came home with us. The other three came later. Ginny was just a baby then. Wayne, Scott, and Shawn, were born in Rochester with grandparents very near to spoil them.

I am emotionally whipped. Life exposed for all who read this, even people we will never meet.

Goodnight, dear friends and family.

No comments: