WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just a little tonight

It already late and I'm just starting? But I don't know if I will be able to work on this tomorrow at all because my son, Shawn is going to be installing a new program for me, and who knows
what will make this a longer process that he is expecting it to be.

I'm going to add a few things here. Continuing with Mary. When she was 8 months old she woke from a nap with a temperature of 106. Yeah, 106. We rushed her to the hospital and they decided that she had roseola and it was very common. When the high fever went down she would break out in a rash they said. Back then parents weren't allowed to stay in the hospital, so we went home concerned but not overwhelmed. After all the doctor said we could take her home the next day. We didn't have a phone, but when I stopped to drop the boys off at a friends house the doctor had called there and needed to talk to us immediately. He told my friend Betty that he didn't realize the night before that it seemed to hurt her when she was moved but he noticed it when he checked her early in the morning. They immediately did a spinal tap and said our little girl had spinal meningitis and was in very serious condition. The first couple of days we weren't allowed to even pick her up. They said she was in too much pain. One evening the night nurse came to us and said she always rocked her when she was on shift because she needed human touch. You have no idea how I felt when I, her mother couldn't hold her but a nurse could. I determined the that I was going to hold her no matter what anyone said. After a few days we were allowed to go in her room without the mask and gown because she didn't have the kind that was contagious.

A few days after we took her home she broke out in spots. Guess what, yes she had the chicken pocks and she was exposed that first night in the hospital when she was in a ward, and not a private room.

Okay, I hope to get back to this tomorrow night. We'll see. Guess what comes next. It comes wrapped in pink.

Untill then, God Bless you all.

No comments: