WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's a girl

I need a cup of tea. A nice calming flavor, something with spearmint or peppermint in it. But while the water is heating, let's get busy with today's contuining saga of the life of Sue Eury Kelly.

I know you have already guessed by the title, another baby was on the way. Well, you see Todd and Bobby were now busy little campers and I needed to feel the comfort of a newborn in my arms again. I know I could have just gone to work at a day care or something but I wanted to be a stay at home Mom and take care of my own kids. I'm not criticizing mothers who have to work but, I personally didn't want to miss that first step, word or any of the firsts that working mother's miss. Excited to be expecting again, even if it was another boy, I wasn't looking forward to the first three or four months when I felt so sick.

At five months I fell down a flight of stairs. Yeah, all fourteen of them. After checking to make sure the boys were covered at four or five in the morning, I went into the bathroom and when I came out I took a wrong turn and walked off the first step and down and down I kept tumbling. You see I had reversed my routine, I usually went to the bathroom then check the boys. My hands and arms were all scraped up. I had used them to keep from getting any injuries near my belly.

Now I lay curled up in a ball at the bottom of the stairs, trying to call for John through my pain. A couple of minutes later he came rushing down the stairs. He practically carried me back up to bed and asked if I needed to go to the hospital and I said, "No, I just scraped my arms and hands and they hurt real bad." He told me that he must have heard me falling but he thought he was having a dream. Even when I first called for him he thought it was a dream and then he realized it wasn't. I did end up going to get checked by my doctor that afternoon. He said the baby was fine. But after she was born, and I had my check-up, he told me he had been pretty sure that I would lose the baby. I'm so glad he didn't tell me that at the time.

In December our first little girl was born. I was awake and when the doctor said it was a girl, I could hardly believe it. With all the things we had done wrong, how could God bless us with a girl after our two cute little boys? I quickly asked if she was breathing and if she was alright. He said yes. But I was still not convinced. I had been waiting for God to bring us some great, terribly horrific thing into our lives to punish us. "Why isn't she crying, aren't they suppose to cry?"I was not awake when the boys were born so I didn't know what they had done.

I heard the doctor say," I'm sorry about this little girl but your mama wants to hear you cry." Then I heard this noise as he smacked her tiny bottom and she let out the biggest scream. What a set of lung she had. I should never had told her this story because now she never let's me
forget that I allowed someone to hit her when she was just a couple of minutes old. Then she laughs.

We named her Mary Louise after my mom. She was 7 lbs. and 2 or 3 ozs. Four of our babies weighed the same at birth.

Well, I'm working tonight so I've got to get some things done first, like preparing a supper that my honey can just heat up. He never complains. Most of the time he cooks and brings my food to the computer where he usually finds me. Oh, that reminds me, I have never told you why I started this blog. I have written a novel. And I wanted to tell you all about it and get your interest up to read it. But I felt that background on me was important first. As for the book, it's ready except for a couple of printer glitches that the company is going to fix.

Have a great day and may God Bless you.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Sue Great blog again today Thanks for doing this

Sarah said...

Sue-It has been wonderful reading about your journey and what the Lord has done in your life. Keep up the great writing :)