WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Friday, November 27, 2009

The day after Thanksgiving

Now today I wonder just how thankful I was yesterday. Did you ever get the feeling that if you looked at yesterday or the day before, you could pick out the blessings you have had? But at the time you don't always recognize them? Why is that? Are we so caught up in the busyness of life that we can't enjoy the day? I'm pretty sure that is the case with me.

I have always been a people pleaser and I'm trying to move away from that in my life. I do understand this is an issue from childhood. Trying to please my parents had led into trying to do it for everyone. John has always been loving and supportive. I have felt at times that he could have done better for himself than to get stuck with me. But his constant love and encouragement has helped me through this. We were meant to be together.

The Lord knew what he was doing when he blessed me with this godly man. We have had our issues like any married couple, but God has allowed us to grow in His love together. I remember when we lived in Conesus and the kids were young. I would get all of them ready for church and then my husband would say: Honey, I think I'll stay home and fix you all a wonderful dinner to come home to. And he did. We could smell the roast as soon as we entered our trailer and the dinner was delicious. But you see, I saw through what was really happening. John didn't want to go to church. So I began to pray for him daily. I knew someday he would totally give his heart to the Lord and I wanted it to be yesterday. I don't wait easily.

It took time but when it did happen we grew closer, and I won't say the problems of life and finances went away because they didn't. But you see God walked with us through them and still does today. The reason I told you this is because of the blessings I was talking about in the beginning. They were always there, I just didn't see them. God didn't let go of John because he stayed home and made dinner for us (often) but I sure struggled about this. God was working in his heart even at this time.

Look back, you might see how he has been working in your life or in someone you love. Just keep praying. He will answer.

Thank you for listening, I needed to vent about something and this wasn't it, but it did help.

Until next time,

God Bless you all.

No comments: