WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hi

Well, it's 11 am and I have to leave for a work meeting in a few minutes so I just wanted to say hi.

The novel is moving along but slowly and those of you who have written much know what I mean. You write then revise, then write more and sometimes decide you need to go in a different direction. What I thought was the start of the book has now been moved to partway in. I have some new ideas and need to put them in and then Mary will review this and say, "take that out or put that back here." Her insight has been my strength. One day she was telling me over the phone what she felt needed changing, and I was silently agreeing with her, but while she was talking and before I was able to speak, we lost power and that means we lose our phone too. On her end she thought I hung up on her. The power came back on quickly and I called back, she said I was walking around talking to myself saying, "I was sure we were past that part, Mom doesn't get upset when I tell her things like that anymore. What's up with that?" I had to laugh as I reassured her that I was past that. We both laughed and moved on. She is critical and I do appreciate it this time around. I've always listened but it used to discourage me but I really appreciate her more than I did before. I even look at myself more critically.

I just looked at the clock and need to get on the road and head for the city.

Please pray for my son who has a bad back issue and is seeing the doctor this morning.

I'll try to be back sooner.
Until then God Bless Y'all.

No comments: