WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winter

I won't even begin to tell you how much I dislike cold weather. I think seasons are something you ether love or hate. I don't remember ever liking winter. I do remember sledding and ice skating. My feet would get so cold when I went ice skating but I had a good time until then.

I have always loved hot summers until three years ago. Hot was definitely too hot and our humidity added to it was almost unbearable. Who wants to spend more days inside? I've just had months of indoor life and I want fresh air. I'm just trying to tell you that I'm fed up with this cold. I'm fed up with being cooped up inside and if I go out I freeze. I can't win. I just read on Korana's blog that she is usually okay until March but this year she is suffocating with cabin fever in February. "I have to agree Kor, this year seems to be crawling at a snails pace."

Now I need to say that realistically I should be using this time to write the sequel, and I am, but some days I am too frustrated to do much of anything.

The story line of the sequel is coming along but I have changed the beginning twice and now I believe it needs to be tweeked again. So, coming from an untrained writer this is probably good that I am learning. What am I learning? Well for one thing listen more and talk less. Reaseach to make sure things I write aren't just floating in my head. Example would be something like saying that South Carolina usually gets tons of snow in the winter and everyone is so use to this, they never have to have a snow day or close anything because of a blizzard.
Blizzard? They probably don't even know the meaning of the word. Now, if I am writing about Montana...I think you get the idea. So speaking of these things I need to get to writing before I decide dishes need to be washed and junk like that.
Looking for spring.

Until next time.

God Bless y'all. (smile Shawn)

No comments: