WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nurture

Good morning,


 I have a question that sometimes nags me endlessly. Do you ever wonder why the person that you are closest to can't meet your most important needs? Well the answer is right in front of me. He is not suppose to. He wasn't created that way. It's wrong of me to even expect he would be able to do this for me. 


Why?
He calls me beautiful and in his eyes I'm sure this is so. But then there is an ugly side of me that I don't even like. So what do we do if we feel like we need more? Is there anyone who will love me when I'm unloving and unsure of myself? Someone who will always understand me, even if I can't?


Does every little girl want to be pretty like Cinderella, or in my case like Annie Oakley. Ya, I was a tom-girl from head to toe. But, the point is that we were all made to be loved unconditionally and only the God of the universe can do this. I need to take the pressure off my love, husband and  partner in this world. To allow God to be who is wants to be to me.


After a few days of being AWOL, I'll ask the Lord where He is, and if I sit quietly and put away the distractions of the day for awhile, he will let me know that He has always been there with me. It's just that I have let my 'stuff' get in the way of spending time with Him.


"Wow, is it that easy, Lord?"

Yes and no. Yes is really is, if I make a conscious effort to to this, and no because I allow things and distractions to get in there instead. Here is the bottom line for me. God loves me unconditionally and wants to let me know that I can never do anything that will change this. But I am the one responsible for making the time to deepen my relationship with him.

 I hope you know that this information was from my experiences but it could be for you too. Men and women alike need to nurture relationships. Hey, if we don't we get distanced from our friends and family.  If so, how much more do we need to grow in love with Jesus?

Until next time,
God Bless y'all

No comments: