WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE

Friday, September 7, 2012

Trip to Nashville

Before I start telling you about my flight, I want to fill y'all in on my internet issue. There is a Dunkin Donuts nearby Virginia's place and I can walk to it with no problem and have been doing this for the two weeks I've been here. Problem is they keep telling me that their WIFI is not always working and they don't know why. Every afternoon when the heat is beginning to drop down to about 90ish, I would venture down there and guess what? That's right no internet connection. So I have been able to spend a lot of time in word re-writing New Beginnings. This has been very good and I can also do this at her apartment. Today is the second time we've gone into the city of Nashville where we can get on a different but working DD WIFI.

Now for the flight info. I was suppose to leave Rochester and be in Nashville in 3 hrs. That is with a quick change of planes in DC. As we were getting near time to land, the pilot announced that due to a thunder storm we were in a holding pattern. He said that if we couldn't land in twenty minutes, we would have to divert to another airport to re-fuel. Now I had been stressed all day before the flight due to excitement but the minute I entered the plane I was calm. Oh, the peace of God is so great. Even with this new issue, I was still at peace.

Next the pilot said we were going to land in Harrisburg for fuel. Okay, no problem. We were on the ground waiting our turn for fuel for over a half hour. Now we get gassed up or whatever they call it. Now we have to wait our turn to take off again because DC is not allowing any planes to take off for their airport until....yup you guessed it, too many aircraft need to land there now.

When we were finally allowed to land in DC it was 9:30 instead of 7:30. Now all the planes to Nashville have left for the night. The first plane was at 7:40 the next morning. We all had to wait in line at the courtesy desk for a ticket for morning and a coupon for a motel and a number to call to try to get a room. They gave us a discount, not a free room because it was not the airlines fault, they said.

When they sent our bags down, my wheel was broken off of my small bag, but I didn't notice it for a little bit. I meet a young woman who was also stranded on her way to Nashville to visit family. We started talking to the line and I asked her if she would feel comfortable sharing a room and the expenses. We both would save and neither one of us would be alone. She said she would. "Thank you Jasmine, I enjoyed getting to know you." We got checked in and to bed about midnight and had a 5:30 wake-up call due to our shuttle leaving at 6am.
Now the rest of the trip was uneventful, thank the Lord. I felt like I wanted to bless her with my book, What's Done is Done, so I gave her one.

I hope her trip back to Rochester was a good one. FYI for Korana and Lesley. My friend's name is Jasmine and she lives in Greece off of Latta Rd. I can't give you her last name here for privacy reasons but you know how small our world is, I think you might run into her sometime. Well, her aunt picked her up and Gin picked me up and that was my 3 hr. trip that turned into something like 16 hrs. Thanks for reading.

Love to all, especially my wonderful husband,who now has a decent computer and can read this too.
Until next time,
God Bless Y'all

No comments: